Thursday, November 15, 2012

How the Lotus Helped the Grasshopper


I did yoga for the first time out of class this week.  I took the GRE this morning, so on Friday of last week I decided that I really need to crack down on my internet use in order to better study on top of getting everything else done.  It sort of worked.  I successfully dropped Facebook for the week, but was unable to stay off YouTube past the first couple of days (which was sort of disconcerting and is making me reevaluate how much time I spend on the internet).  I found that I had more time than I was expecting by simply giving up that one site, and the hardest part was I really had made a habit out of going straight to Facebook as soon as I had any extra time.  So, I started coming up with different things I could do (how pathetic does that sound?)  Then I remember Tyler’s blog about her considering doing yoga for thirty minutes instead of taking a nap, and I got on the floor and attempted to do the few stretches I felt comfortable enough doing on my own.  I did two stretches, then three, then four, and before I knew it I had done enough stretches to take up thirty minutes.  I wasn’t trying to do it for half an hour.  It just sort of happened, and it surprised me because I honestly didn’t think I would be able to remember that many.  I’m sure I did them all in the completely wrong order, but it felt really good to realize just how much the stretches have become engrained in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment